Buying and selling a home can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, no matter where you are in life. Though you may be tempted to navigate the process alone, the truth is that working with a real estate agent can make a huge difference when buying or selling property. They will not only represent your best interests throughout the buying and selling process, but they’ll also save you time and stress!
Take a look at some of the biggest benefits of working with a real estate agent when buying or selling a home:
- Price. A good agent will know the price of homes, meaning they can help you get the best price for a home, regardless of whether you’re buying or selling. They’ll know what features of the home will be most expensive, what homes in particular neighborhoods are worth, and help you make the best investment with your budget. This means they will help you price your home competitively while also using high-quality negotiation tactics to help you get the best price on a home you may be buying.
- Network. Real estate agents are part of extensive networks with other experienced industry professionals, giving you access to many connections, from contractors and inspectors to other agents and stagers. Your agent will likely be able to provide you with insight on hidden property gems that aren’t even listed yet, or highly-rated contractors and stagers who can get the work completed within your budget and time frame.
- MLS. The MLS, or Multiple Listing Service, is one of the most effective real estate communication tools real estate agents have access to. Much like an online search tool, the MLS will alert your agent to new listings or open houses that may interest you, even before they’re listed online. An online home search website will filter out many of the available listings, leaving out a breadth of homes that could fit what you’re looking for. Without a real estate agent, you will not have access to the MLS.
- Paperwork. The paperwork you need to complete during the home buying/selling process is one of the most stressful and overwhelming parts of the experience. It’s difficult to understand what you’re signing, and what each contract means. An agent will help you interpret each form and answer any questions you may have. Instead of trying to understand each bit of the paperwork, an agent will be able to explain it to you in a matter of minutes, saving you a lot of time, money, and stress!
- Expertise and Knowledge. Agents have inside knowledge and experience with the housing market, like cities and neighborhoods and fluctuating prices. They also know how to market your home to attract as many potential buyers as possible and are constantly motivated to find the perfect home that fits your lifestyle, budget, and must-have list.
Lily Jang is a Top Producing Licensed Real Estate Agent out of the Keller Williams Memorial office in Houston, Texas. Whether you’re thinking about listing your house, beginning your search for a new home, or have a question about the area, I know I can find the perfect home for you! Visit my website to learn more, or call me at 832.510.8802 to get started today.